Location Agent, London UK
Location Works is a location library. We are similar to a letting agent for the Film, Television, Photographic and Event Industries. Instead of letting a property out for a month or a year, we rent locations out for a week, day or half a day for use in feature films, television programs, music videos, fashion shoots, events and lots more.
We have an on-line locations library of almost 4000 locations all over the UK
We were set up in 1985 and were the first company of our kind and we continue to be one of the market leaders today. Our client base is vast and includes: BBC, ITV, Warner Bros. Vogue and Secret Cinema, to name but a few.
As a Location Agent (yeah that's you), you will receive inbound requests from crews looking for locations across the UK and sometimes internationally. You will be able to take down requirements, provide an efficient and friendly service and convert queries into site visits. Location agents recognise that their customers are often under a lot of pressure from deadlines, shifting budgets, priorities and demands so we are armed with patience and creative maverick problem-solving skills to making location bookings easy and hassle-free.
Our Location Agents say every day is a new adventure. That being said on a daily basis you can expect to:
- Log on to your email and say 'hi' on our chat system to your remote team-mates in the UK and abroad!
- Check your workflow to rescue clients in urgent need;
- Close jobs with live requests and ring the sales bell!
- Give your client a call to follow up on yesterday's shoot to hear the fun anecdotes,
update the location database with any new information;
- send them all the relevant paperwork that needs to be done to finish up;
- Tie up any loose ends and chase payments;
- Reply to new enquiries with one hand whilst answering the phone with the other, and using your brain to decide whose problem to solve first;
- Keep accurate invoices of your own sales to ensure you get your slice of the cake on time;
- Roll up your sleeves to support the team in booking site visits for clients, registering new locations, expanding the team and the business etc;
- Conduct site visits at any one of our managed portfolio properties;
- Some occasional 'guardian' work looking after shoots at our managed locations, this may include evenings and weekends.
In exchange, we can offer you:
- A team who's always got your back;
- An engaging role which has good humour and where every day is a new race against the clock!
- A transparent salary based on merit when you hit and exceed your sales targets;
- The challenge to be friendly and assertive when negotiating with clients and location owners;
- The opportunity to impact the company's organisation and communication across a geographically diverse team;
- Competitive Salary with high earning potential on OTE
Our Location Agents have:
- A professional and friendly telephone manner and writing persona;
- Great grammar & the ability to spell;
- An ability to stay organised with the changing pace within the organisation;
- A hunger to meet their sales targets and to excel in meeting the client criteria;
- The skills to work independently and as part of a team;
- The ability to have a professional but friendly attitude; we are personable, we get on and care about the team.
You might be:
- An architecture aficionado;
- A film, tv or social media buff;
- Experienced in the following industries: property, hospitality, events, film or other creative industries;
- An urban nomad, you know London like the back of your hand and you are always on the lookout for new parts to explore;
- An adrenaline junkie, you enjoy the feeling of riding a rollercoaster without leaving your desk!
- Or, just find the job advert interesting and want to know a bit more!
Sounds like you?
Tell us why here: locationworks.typeform.com/to/jOu1DC
If you have any questions please feel free to drop us a line here; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary - On Target Earnings £25,000 - £45,000+ (uncapped commission)
Interviews are 18th, 19th, 20th December 2019 with a start date in January 2020.